Weekly lineup

 Wednesday, April 26
Marinovich released on bond after arrest
 Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Quarterback Todd Marinovich is expected to practice with the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League Thursday, two days after being arrested for investigation of sexually assaulting a woman.

"Todd has been, is now and will be part of this football team," Avengers coach Stan Brock said Wednesday during a news conference at the team's West Los Angeles training facility. "In respect to the law, we have to let it run its course."

Marinovich is scheduled to attend Thursday morning's quarterbacks meeting and team practice, Brock said.

The Avengers were not scheduled to practice Wednesday, and their next game is Monday against Oklahoma at Staples Center.

Brock said he has not talked with Marinovich since the quarterback was asked to leave the practice field by Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies just before his arrest.

"As far as I'm concerned, people are innocent until proven guilty," Brock said. "I'm not going to jump to any conclusions."

The alleged attack occurred shortly after midnight Tuesday at Marinovich's Marina del Rey apartment, said sheriff's Sgt. Norine Plett.

Plett said that Marinovich's arrest was based on the woman's statements and evidence of a physical examination she had at a hospital after the alleged attack.

Marinovich was released on $50,000 bail at about 12:15 a.m. Wednesday, Sgt. George Ducoulombier said. Arraignment is scheduled May 16 in Culver City Municipal Court.

Marinovich, 30, is the Avengers' second-string quarterback. He did not play in either of their first two regular-season games.

Marinovich was the University of Southern California quarterback as a redshirt freshman on the Trojans' 1990 Rose Bowl champion team. He left school following his sophomore season.

The Los Angeles Raiders made Marinovich their first-round choice in the 1991 NFL draft, but released him before the 1993 season. Marinovich acknowledged drug use was a major factor. In 1998, he served three months in jail after pleading guilty to growing marijuana.

He has not played an official game since 1992. He injured a knee in training camp with the Canadian Football League's Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 1994 and was out of football from then until last year, when he signed with the CFLs British Columbia Lions.

Chargers no longer interested in Marinovich